Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Do I want to be right, or at peace?


"Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know."   Pema Chodron

Ah yes, my old friend ego popping up to re-teach me something this week.  I sure wish I could learn the lesson and be done with it.  In a sure sign of progress however, I find I am able to recognize that growing edge more quickly these days.  Then I can ask myself that defining question... 

Do I want to be right or do I want to be at peace?

These days, I'll take peace any day.

Has your answer to this question changed as you've passed through different phases of your life?


1 comment:

  1. It certainly has. I am much more at ease in my world when I don't need to make anyone else "wrong"...when I can just honor them and their thoughts... ideas... beliefs... and then make decisions that are based on my values, thoughts, ideas, and beliefs as to where to place my two feet.

    ReplyDelete