Sunday, October 20, 2013

Making space for something new

It's been an interesting couple of months for me in bringing Beautiful You into reality.   It's been whispering at me for at least a year.  It's taken courage and a willingness to open myself to feeling vulnerable to allow it to be.

The opportunities to squash the whispers are plentiful.  When I look at the blog-o-sphere it's can be pretty intimidating.  "Who am I to think I have something to say?" is the thought I have to keep flicking off my shoulder.  But, then I think of my cheerleaders, my partners in this and the inner wisdom that I believe is present in all women when they get quiet and still and it's getting easier to flick that doubting voice off my shoulder.

When I turn and look back at my path so far, there are little pivot points that in hindsight, I can see have been small steps in the journey leading me here and into whatever Beautiful You becomes.  The Universe has been putting so many 'coincidences' in my way that it's starting to be really laughable (in a completely wonderful way).  When I was reflecting on all these small steps I happened on this from Kelly Rae Roberts.  Just when I needed to see that a woman I admired didn't get there overnight... there it was.  

I'm starting Brene' Browns- Oprah Life Class this week and need to set an intention.

  • My intention is to make space for the Beautiful You project to come fully into being. 
  • I intend to clear out doubt and insecurity to make space for me to embrace vulnerability.  (They're not the same thing... insecurity and vulnerability) 
  • I intend to embrace the fact that there's so much to learn in a place that's completely new to me.  
  • I intend to give my self the grace to let it unfold at a pace that allows me to learn and make mistakes as I grow into this.


What's whispering at you that you haven't been paying attention to?

1 comment:

  1. You are very courageous for letting yourself be vulnerable. I could learn from you! Mine is not a whisper, more like a scream...ART. What could my work become if I brought my true self to each piece? Am I scared of my true feeling and emotions? Hmm....something to think about.

    ReplyDelete